You can also listen here on Spotify!
After a long period of soul searching and questionable decision making, Dom and Tom are back in the booth ready to nurture their inner need to discuss all things movie related.
Join them this week for a very special podcast as they welcome Perth director Grant Sputore to discuss his Netflix sci-fi phenomenon I Am Mother. Tune in as they discuss Grant’s beginnings as a filmmaker, his experience working with two-time Oscar winner Hillary Swank and delve deep enough into the creation of Mother to make Carl Jung proud.
- Housekeeping & update on where we’ve been 01:01
- Interview begins 04:22
- Reflecting on Film’s release 05:28
- Beginnings as a filmmaker 07:11
- Choosing I Am Mother as debut 10:31
- Inspiration behind I Am Mother 12:26
- “People like WETA” / Working with Weta – 15:14
- Sundance circuit and Hilary Swank 17:39
- Rose Byrne / Voice performance 19:19
- Casting Clara Ruugard 21:18
- Spoiler Chat 23:33 – 31:46
- “Screenplay went through numerous iterations” and the evolution of the script 31:15
- Luke Hawker as Mother 34:29
- Hillary Swank’s drawing book & Mother’s Curriculum 39:04
- Biggest Takeaway & working with Netflix 42:14
- Reading into fan theories 43:35
- Reading reviews 45:32
- Next Project with Margot Robbie 48:02
- Being compared to Christopher Nolan and Outro 49:31