- Todd Rundgren // Disco Jets
Todd Rundgren is this eccentric guy from the 70’s who used to wear big heels and makeup. He wrote this album as a spoof disco piece but it’s so amazing – the melodies and keyboard changes are beautiful.
- Ariel Pink // Before Today
Sounds like psychedelic dream pop.
- Serge Gainsbourg // Melody Nelson
Serge is a French song writer from the 60’s. He was famous for his controversial and witty lyrics.
- Melody’s Echo Chamber // Melody’s Echo Chamber
A French musician’s debut album. Beautiful and haunting. Sounds a little like Broadcast.
- Beastie Boys // Paul’s Boutique
One of the most sample happy albums of all time.
This article first appeared in print volume 88 edition 4 GIRL.